Candidates interested in a position may mail a resume, application and any of the voluntary Self-Identification forms you choose to complete that are listed below to:
BNC National Bank
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 4050
Bismarck, ND 58502-4050
Phone: 250-3075 (Bismarck, ND local)
or 877-391-8525 (toll free)
Voluntary Self-Identification Forms
*If you choose to complete any of these forms please send them directly to our VP of Human Resources by email or to the address above.
*BNC National Bank is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.
*Note: BNC National Bank does not accept unsolicited job applications.
Mortgage Trainer - Overland Park, KS
8:30 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday
Qualifications: This position requires a minimum 5 years mortgage lending experience preferably with prior training experience. The position is primarily responsible for conducting and administering training programs within the Mortgage Division. This candidate implements all training programs as defined by management and conducts training sessions on company policies; guidelines; procedures; process and loan flow. Also, creates and documents training to keep staff up to date on changes to systems, policies, guidelines, and new programs; as well as changes to their daily tasks and responsibilities. Facilitates training for both new hires and ongoing training for existing employees in various departments. Training methods include classroom-style presentation; hands-on computer demonstration; and online training review and assessment. The position will work with department managers to identify areas of improvement and create curriculum to address the needs of the department. The Mortgage Trainer will work with managers and subject matter experts to develop training to support ongoing training needs. This candidate must be an experienced facilitator who is comfortable presenting to small and large audiences. Candidate must project professionalism as an ambassador of BNC National Bank and have the ability to influence a variety of audiences. Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of the Industry in terms of laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act and Graham Leach Bliley Act and a high-level understanding of the multiple functions and departments within the Mortgage Division including Sales, Operations, Secondary Marketing and Compliance is required.
Major Job Functions:
1. Provide education and training through a variety of delivery avenues including online webinars, one on one, and live on-site training for branches; understand and modify training style to fit the needs of participants.
2. Develop, maintain, and redesign published materials and tools used for application training purposes, including PowerPoint presentations, participant guides, course activities, job aids, online modules, course assessments and evaluations. Develop, maintain, and leverage strong partnerships with subject matter experts in various functional areas to gather content and design new training courses and materials.
3. Serve as a knowledge bank and subject matter expert to existing employees offering assistance as needed. Provide high-level overview of all mortgage applications to department or branch utilizing a variety of delivery avenues.
4. Provide training to all new hires to properly integrate them into BNC with respect to the core applications of the Company and their role. Provide ongoing education and training on existing applications, new applications, compliance changes and updates as determined by management.
5. Create new hire training agenda and coordinate with departments to ensure smooth delivery. Track and report training attendance. Provide ongoing feedback to managers of new hires relevant to their progress towards learning and demonstrating effective use of all applicable systems.
6. Proactively work with branches and/or departments to assess group or individual training and education needs. Re-evaluate new hire training delivery and materials on a regular basis to ensure they are efficient and effective. Modify training materials as needed.
Core Competencies – Required Knowledge Skills:
1. Communication – Speaks effectively in individual or group situations, including strong presentation skills. Ability to build positive working relationships, interact effectively and proactively with individuals at all levels in the organization. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
2. Business/Interpersonal Skills – Ability and willingness to make timely decisions exercising sound and accurate business judgment. Strong negotiation skills, exhibit high energy, self-motivation and initiative in timely completion of defined goals and activities, and ability to coordinate with multiple mangers on training needs.
3. Problem Solving – Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely, objective and confidential manner. Analyzes problems and information skillfully; uses logic and good judgment to reach solutions.
4. Quality management—Ability to demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and quality.
5. Planning/Organization – Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines with high level of detail and accuracy.
6. Technical Skills – Must have demonstrated advanced level PC skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
7. Complete understanding of the legal, compliance and investor requirements of residential mortgage products including conforming, alternative and government programs required.
8. High School diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
Varying Hours - 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday and 9:00 am-noon, rotating Saturdays
8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday with rotating Saturdays 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Qualifications: New Account Experience preferred. Teller work and must enjoy working with the public.
Major Functions: To provide professional delivery of all primary deposit and withdrawal services to clients at the Bank's locations, to include all teller functions and opening of new checking, savings, certificates of deposit, retirement and ODP accounts. To ensure that applicable banking laws and regulations, along with bank policy and procedures are being followed
Mortgage Loan Closer - Overland Park, Kansas
8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday
Qualifications: This position requires 2-5 years mortgage lending experience preferably in a Closer role. This candidate is responsible for closing / funding of mortgage loan files and verifying the files for accuracy.
Major Job Functions: Accurately review the title commitment, lock confirmation, approval sheet and loan documents for the write-up of data input into Encompass and Doc Magic and assure all documents agree with the loan requirements. Prepare closing figures and review/approve HUD1 from the title company for accuracy and that it meets regulatory guidelines
Manage work flow to accommodate the required minimum files completed per month.
Timely review of the closed loan package to assure accuracy of signed documents and funding is completed on the disbursement date.
Clear suspense items quickly and accurately.
eServices Representative - Scottsdale, AZ
8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday
Responsibilities include - review new and closed account reports for Online Banking, Cash Management and Remote Deposit services; review velocity exceptions for Remote Deposit, identifying customers who may expose a higher risk; review bounce reports for eStatements, identifying customers who need to be contacted for email address updates; review Cash Management fraud prevention reports, identifying customers who need to be contacted for transaction verification; assist in the operational review process for newly approved Cash Management and Remote Deposit customers; support establishment of new customers; maintain agreements and records for Cash Management and Remote Deposit customers; back-up support for daily departmental duties; participate in special projects or perform other duties as assigned; comply with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements.
Candidate Traits - Analytical thinker; problem solver, interpersonal social skills, technological proficiency
Minimum Qualifications - High School diploma, proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, 6 Months – 1 Year clerical experience, 6 months customer service experience
If you’re a team player committed to delivering outstanding customer service you should consider joining BNC. Our employees receive health, dental and life insurance, 3 wks vacation, sick leave and can participate in a generous 401K plan.
Loan Portfolio Administrator/Loan Processor - Bismarck, ND
We are seeking a team player to provide operational support for our lending staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, requesting, preparing, and reviewing loan documentation, coordinating, managing, and administering the loan closing process, assisting with collecting and reviewing financial information from customers, processing loan transactions, reconciling general ledger accounts, and ensuring all applicable banking laws and regulations, along with bank policies and procedures are being followed.
Qualified candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, good time management and organizational skills, must be proficient in Excel and Word, and be a team player with a positive attitude. A 4-year college degree and/or previous banking/lending experience is preferred.
Internal Systems Administrator - Arizona
Major Function: Responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, problem resolution, monitoring, of the assigned systems. This includes but is not limited to: VMware, Exchange, Server OS, Active Directory, and Citrix. Some travel is required.
Qualifications: Must possess working knowledge of IT at a level acquired through completion of a 4 year degree in computer science, IT, or related field and 4 years experience providing technical support for the assigned hardware, operating systems, and software. VMware, Exchange, and Citrix administration a plus. Must have strong management and prioritization skills.
SBA Portfolio Administrator - Glendale, AZ
8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday
Major Functions: Primary responsibilities include assisting with administering SBA, commercial, and consumer loan portfolios, including loan closings, renewals, document preparation and review, and ensuring that applicable banking laws, regulations and bank policy are being followed. Provide administrative support for the lending department and other responsibilities as assigned by the department manager.
Qualifications: Prior experience in SBA and commercial loan processing or loan administration is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be proficient in Excel and Word, and working knowledge of Microsoft Access is desired.
Mortgage Branch Manager - Bismarck, ND
Major Functions: To provide leadership and direction in achieving branch goals and objectives, and guides branch activity to ensure the short and long term profitability, and responsible for maintenance of a good bank-community relationship. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a highly developed sales unit and to oversee that compliance guidelines are met with regard to RESPA, HMDA, quality control and secondary market standards. To supervise and train Mortgage employees.
Qualifications: At least 5 years experience Originating Residential Mortgage Loans. Supervisory experience.